Two Arizona Democrats have announced they are challenging Republican Gov. Doug Ducey, and a third said he will announce in the coming weeks.
It may seem early for campaigning to begin. After all, the last campaign wrapped up just five months ago. Political consultants say now is the time to get an organization going.
One of the first issues is fundraising. Jaime Molera, a Republican consultant, expects the cost of winning the race for governor in 2018 will be between $8 and 10 million.
“It is a Herculean task,” for Democrats in Republican-dominated Arizona, said Molera.
Arizona Week takes a look at the early race for governor and U.S. Congress.
On the Program
- Noah Dyer, Democratic candidate for governor
- David Garcia, Democratic candidate for governor
- Steve Farley, Democratic candidate for governor
- Hank Stephenson, Arizona Capitol Times
- Jaime Molera, Republican consultant