Try this cucumber strawberry cooler when it’s still cool and crisp outside.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 to 5 strawberries, sliced, plus more as garnish
- 1 small Persian cucumber, trimmed and sliced
- 4 ounces vodka of choice
- Sparkling water or La Croix (flavor of choice)
Yield: 2 to 4 cocktails
- In a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until dissolved. Set aside until room temperature.
- Add a tablespoon of simple syrup to two glasses. Add a few slices of strawberries and cucumber to each glass. Muddle the strawberry and cucumber together. Pour in the vodka and then add a splash of sparkling water or La Croix. Give it a stir and then taste test. Garnish with slices of strawberries and cucumber.