"It’s almost officially summer, which means tomatoes are in full effect. During the warmer months, I want meals to be super simple. And this super quick dish falls into that category. While I would definitely categorize this meal as quick and easy, there are a few extra steps that are 100% worth it." - Adrianna Adarme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves garlid
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1 ounce of feta cheese, crumbled, as garnish
Yield: 4 servings
- To a large saute pan, set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the cherry tomatoes and cook until seared and blistered, about 2 to 3 minutes. Bring the heat down to a low heat and continue cooking until they become softened, about 2 minutes. Then add the artichokes, garlic, a few pinches of salt and crushed red pepper; and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente or according to your the package’s instructions.
- Scoop out about 1/2 cups of pasta water and add it to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring a simmer to reduce for about 2 minutes. Next, add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Divide amongst bowls or plates and top with crumbled feta as garnish. Serve immediately.