Gooey and Warm Roasted Tomato Cheesy Frittata
PBS Food/Fresh Tastes
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 cup arugula (for topping)
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine the cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and and pinch of salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan, set over medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil. When warm, add the mushrooms and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoons salt, a few rounds of black pepper and whisk until combined.
- Add the cheese, Italian parsley, reserved tomatoes and mushrooms and give it one last mix.
- Pour it into an oven-safe baking dish and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly.
- While it’s baking, whisk together a tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of half of a lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with the arugula.
- When the frittata is out of the oven, slice it up and serve it with a handful of arugula.